Monday, August 30, 2010

Three Weeks Old

I can’t believe it has already been three weeks since Elec was born because the weeks have been flying by.  He has changed so much these past three weeks…he gained a pound, he has grown half an inch, he is much more alert and awake more often, and I personally think his appearance has drastically changed.

KK (my mom) was in town these past two weeks and I had the best time hanging out with her and Elec.  We took long walks every morning, sat around and watched Elec sleep and eat, cooked for Chris, and somehow managed to talk nonstop the entire two weeks (although I am sure neither of us could tell you what exactly we talked about). She was such a huge help and I don’t know what I would have done without her these past two weeks.  Pops (my dad) flew in on Wednesday to get in some quality time with Elec. It was so cute to watch my dad hold him and bond with him.

Unfortunately KK and Pops had to go home on Saturday and that day was probably the most difficult day since Elec’s birth because not only did my parents have to fly back to Texas but Elec’s cousin Charlotte Skaggs was born in Austin and of course I am too far away to meet her. I am so bummed that I wont get to see her and hold her until October but I am sure that the time will continue to fly by and Elec and I will be in Texas before we know it.  Saturday's events me it very clear that living so far away from all of my family will be harder than I ever imaged now that I have a baby but also helped to remind me that I have THE MOST AMAZING family in the entire world and how blessed Elec is to have such fabulous grandparents, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, second cousins, etc.  I cannot wait for all of the family to meet Elec and for Elec and I to meet Charlotte and spend some quality with all  the fam when we visit the great state in October.  


 



























































3 comments:

  1. I love the pics, Megan! Elec is so adorable and I cannot WAIT to get my hands on him! What a gorgeous family! Love you and can't wait to see you (hopefully soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute! Lovin' the cloth diapers!, how do you like them? We can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited you are doing a blog, too. I sure
    do like to see pictures, since I don't get
    to see Elec in person to watch him grow. You
    are a beautiful family !

    ReplyDelete